Modafinil is the generic name for the brand medication Provigil. It is used to treat severe sleepiness of patients caused due to narcolepsy, shift disorder problem or other sleep problems. It helps to stay awake during the working hours and schedule. For more information to buy Modafinil online proceed with the below.
How do Modafinil works?
Modafinil is categorized under the wakefulness-promoting agent class of medication. When the medication is taken, it works by affecting the chemical substances that are present in the brain. As a result, it works by controlling the extreme sleep and promotes wakefulness.
Modafinil dosage information
The dosage strength available to the patients is 100 mg and 200 mg capsules. The normal dosage that is prescribed for sleep disorder patients is 200 mg per day in the morning.
Patients suffering from shift work sleep problem can take 200 mg dose 1 hour prior to the shift work. The dosage is taken only once per day.
How should patients take this medication?
Generally, this medicine is taken by the patient once a day. It can take either with a food or without food. To treat sleep disorder takes it early in the morning and to treat the work shift problem, it’s recommended to take 1 hour prior to the work time.
It is advised to the patients to follow the instructions that are mentioned on the prescription label. As it is considered as a habit-forming drug. Do not share this dose with another person.
Things to know before taking Modafinil
- Patients with skin allergies reaction or rashes in the skin or any other skin disease should not use this medicine
- Inform your doctor if suffers from health conditions such as,
- Heart or valve problems
- Chest pain
- Increase blood pressure
- Mental disorder
- If you suffer from allergies in the skin such as rashes, hives, and itches
- If you have allergies to any drugs, foods or any other substances
- Patients are not advised to stop or start the treatment without the doctor consultation. Also, do not change the dose of Modafinil that is prescribed to you.
- During breastfeeding time the medication is not suggested to take. The drug passes into the breast milk and affects the baby.
- Inform your health expert if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. This because to know about taking this medication during this time.
- Avoiding driving or doing the heavy task and handling heavy work while taking this medication. For a few people, it can cause a serious effect.
- This medication is not approved for patients younger than 18 years of age.
What are the side effects of Modafinil?
The most common side effects found in the ADHD patients are,
- A headache
- Upper respiratory tract infection
The serious side effects that need an immediate medical help are
- Persistent sleepiness
- Hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behaviors
- Irregular heart rate
- Sudden mood changes (such as agitation, confusion, and depression)
- Serious allergic reaction
- Swelling of face, throat, and tongue
- Severe dizziness and breathing problem
- Chest pain
- Vision changes
- Sore throat
- Sore throat
- Lack of memory
What are some the drugs that interact with Modafinil?
- Estrogen and progesterone containing drugs
We have mentioned some of the drugs that interact with Modafinil and cause serious effects on the patients. They are as follows.
- Mao inhibitors
- Cold or diet pills
- Birth control pills
- Chronic hepatitis c medicines
Other drugs that interact with Modafinil and reduce its effectiveness and action are,
- The effect of consuming alcohol
Drinking caffeine and the beverages that contain caffeine