A person should be aware of certain things before getting Adderall to be on safer side. Adderall warnings would also include drug interactions also when you are pregnant or when you are breastfeeding. Before taking the Adderall or Provigil medication you have to speak to your healthcare professional about your health and about all the other medications you are taking. If you have any heart-related problems or any kidney or liver disorders please try to inform the doctor so that you would not be having any adverse reactions. By reading the following you will get a clear picture of the warning and precautions before taking Adderall.
Warnings and Precautions to be remembered:
- Before you are about to take the Adderall pills just check that whether you are allergic to any of the medications, including any of the ADHD medication.
- lIf suppose you are a diabetic patient, inform the doctor because the medication pills would be resulting in weight loss also. This might sometimes become hazardous to your health.
- lIf you are pregnant or if you are planned to then avoid to take this medication. This is because the drug is a pregnancy Category C drug. This is nothing but the drug is not safe for the people those who are pregnant.
- lIt should not be taken by the person who does breastfeeding, as the drug might pass through feeding. As the child grew up then that would become habit-forming.
- Amphetamine, the substance that is present as a combination with dextroamphetamine is usually found to be abused. Hence, this medication should not be taken for a very long time.
- The people those who are with the psychiatric treatment, don’t try the medication because this medicine could worsen the psychiatric situation.
- lIt has been found that many adults and children have fallen to death, those who have heart pain when they take the normal Adderall dosages. So, be aware that when you are suffering from any sort of chest pain or if you have any trouble in breathing then tell your medical adviser about it.
- Drug interaction is also risky. So, do not take any other ADHD treating medications or other weight loss or relevant drugs when taking this medication to avoid drug interaction.
- Adderall could even worsen the condition of tics that have been caused by the Tourette syndrome.
If you have the following problems don’t try to take Adderall:
- heart problems
- high blood pressure